We are delighted to announce nine funded PhD studentships* in social sciences at Brunel University for UK, EU and international students for a January 2012 start, (or as soon as possible thereafter).
The School of Social Sciences is providing opportunities for promising academic talent to undertake doctoral study. This is a significant opportunity for those who show academic excellence in our areas of expertise.
Successful applicants will be awarded £12,372 per annum over three years, which includes a fee-waiver of £3,732 and a stipend of £9,000. In exceptional cases an additional fee contribution for international students may be available.
In return, students will be required to undertake up to 150 hours of teaching/academic work per year. This is an excellent opportunity for students to gain valuable experience for their future academic career.
We are interested in receiving applications across the following disciplines and welcome applications that are inter-disciplinary in nature:
- Economics and Finance
- Politics, International Relations and History
- Sociology and Communications
In addition to applicants having to meet the subject’s normal entry criteria, the School’s Studentship Selection Panel will be reviewing applications to ensure that the research topic proposed is of excellent quality, well developed, coherent and achievable within the three years. The Panel is seeking candidates who have demonstrated significant progress in their academic career so far.
How to apply
- apply for a PhD online
- meet the entry criteria for the PhD programme in their chosen subject area
- be a new applicant for a PhD (all applications must be received by the deadline) or
- hold an existing offer of a PhD from Social Sciences at Brunel University.
New applicants must attach a letter to the application stating that they wish to apply for the scholarship. Existing offer holders must submit a letter of application to email@example.com by the deadline.
Closing date: Wednesday 23 November 2011
For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
*The PhD scholarships only apply to our current full-time PhD courses and are not applicable to the part-time PhD courses or the New Route PhD.
For more information, please visit official website
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Fully Funded PhD Studentships in Engineering and Applied Science, Aston University, UK Fully funded PhD studentships are available for full time students from any country (UK, EU or international students) at the School of Engineering and Applied Science, Aston University – […]
- Fully Funded Research Scholarships for International Students, University of Sussex, UK Research scholarships are available for international doctoral students at University of Sussex – UK, commencing their studies in September 2016, academic year 2016 – 2017. The […]
- Executive MBA Scholarships, Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University, UK Nottingham Business SchoolExecutive MBA Scholarships 2011-2012 Nottingham Business School will be offering either one full scholarship of £14,800 or two part scholarships of £7,400, […]
- Fully Funded PhD Studentships in Economics, University of East Anglia, UK The School of Economics, University of East Anglia – UK, is inviting applicants for fully funded PhD studentships in social sciences (economics) for students from any country (UK, EU & […]
- Fee Waiver + Stipend, PhD Scholarships in Management, Royal Holloway University of London, UK The School of Management, Royal Holloway University of London – UK, is offering one or two Dean’s scholarships for new PhD students from any country (UK, EU or international students) […]
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK Fully funded research studentships are available for all international / overseas (non UK & EU) students enrolling PhD degree for October 2016 at University of Reading – UK. The […]
- PhD Scholarships in Accounting and Finance, University of Edinburgh Business School, UK Two PhD scholarships are offered in Accounting and/or Finance. Any area of study will be considered within these disciplines. However, the major areas of current staff research interest […]
- PhD Scholarship in Mathematics, Physics & Astronomy, University of Sussex, UK The School of Mathematical & Physical Sciences (MPS) will offer one School Postgraduate Scholarship for a student wishing to study for the PhD in Mathematics, the PhD in Physics, or the […]
- International Doctoral Scholarships in Informatics, Kyoto University, Japan INTERNATIONAL DOCTORAL PROGRAM IN INFORMATICS GRADUATE SCHOOL OF INFORMATICS KYOTO UNIVERSITY 2012 The Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho) offers a 2012 scholarship for admitted Ph.D. […]
- Harry Worthington Scholarships, University of Sheffield, UK Two Harry Worthington Scholarships are available to applicants wishing to undertake doctoral study in any Faculty of the University for entry in 2013-14. These scholarships were founded […]