SnT is a recently formed centre carrying out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) systems and services, often in collaboration with industrial, governmental or international partners. SnT is active in several international research projects funded by the EU 7th framework programme and the European Space Agency. A successful candidate will conduct research in one or more of the centre projects and assist in the development of the SnT project portfolio. The Centre invites researchers from diverse research areas to contribute to our projects in areas such as Satellite Systems, Vehicular Networks, Network Security, Model-drive Security, Security Cloud computing, and ICT Services & Applications.
The Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) invites applications from PhD candidates in the general area of Wireless Communications.
The successful candidates will join a strong and motivated research team lead by Prof. Björn Ottersten in order to pursue a PhD on the following topics:
- Cooperative and cognitive satellite networks
- Signal Processing for Space Applications
- MIMO: Coding, Multiuser Techniques, Channel modelling
- Radio Resource Management & Optimization
The position holder will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Carrying out research in the predefined areas
- Disseminating results through scientific publications
- Participating in proposal drafting
- Assisting in curriculum development
- Assisting in organization of relevant workshops
The ideal candidate should have some knowledge and experience in a number of the following topics:
- Satellite Communications
- Multiuser information theory
- Spatial signal Processing
- Linear algebra
- Multivariate statistics
- Optimization theory
Development skills in MATLAB or C++ are required.
Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required. Knowledge of French, German or Luxembourgish is desirable.
The University offers a three year employment contract that may be extended up to a fourth year. The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of a newly created research centre.
Application should include:
- Full CV, including name (and email address, etc) of three referees
- Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken
- Research statement and topics of particular interest to the candidate (300 words).
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Applications, written in English and in PDF format only, should be sent via email to:
SUBJECT: “ CO 2 SAT ”
Deadline for applications: March 31 st , 2011
For further information, please contact us at Symeon.Chatzinotas@uni.lu
Ingin dikirimkan Brosur Cetak atau Digital kampus ini, silahkan isi Form di bawah ini