PhD Programme in Transnational Studies and International Relations at the Berlin Graduate School for Transnational Studies
Scholarships: 9 Doctoral Scholarships
Date: 3 year full-time PhDprogramme starting September 2009
Starting date for Applications: 1 December, 2008
Deadline for Applications: 1 February, 2009
The Berlin Graduate School for Transnational Studies (BTS), a joint endeavour of the Freie Universität Berlin (FUB), the Hertie School of Governance (HSoG) and the Social Science Center Berlin (WZB), announces its next call for applications for its full-time PhD programme. All three are leading institutions in the field of political science and its neighbouring disciplines. The programme draws upon their faculty, research projects, facilities and services.
The three-year English language doctoral programme is designed for exceptionally talented and motivated graduate students. It offers state-of-the- art survey classes, a strong training in research methods and research design, skills courses and individualized supervision. While the courses and training present an important part of the curriculum, the bulk of the workload for the PhD candidates in the programme will be in the form of independent research for their dissertations.
The successful applicants will be informed in the first half of April 2009 in order to enter to the doctoral programme in September of the same year. The three-year programme has a strong focus on social science theories and methods but also welcomes applications from adjacent disciplines like economics, history, law, and area studies. Dissertation topics should refer to one of the following three areas of concentration broadly defined:
* The analysis of national and transnational causes and consequences of political, societal and cultural globalization.
* The challenges to governance in international and transnational settings including issues of politization and legitimacy, as well as in areas of limited statehood.
* The comparative study of regional cooperation, including the EU.
The application requirements for the programme are:
o An exceptionally strong completed university degree qualifying for PhD studies in political science, international relations, sociology, economics, law or adjacent disciplines.
o Proof of C1 level English language skills or the equivalent.
o A short letter of motivation (600 words maximum)
o A research proposal (5000 words maximum
o Two letters of reference from faculty members
The deadline for applications to the doctoral programme is 1 February 2009. Applicants are required to apply online. The respective website will be available from 1 December 2008 at www.transnationalstudies.eu.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- MA Research Training Program at Humboldt University, Berlin The MA RTP is a new one-year master program especially designed for international graduates wanting to start a PhD-program in Germany.-It is taught at the Institute of Social and […]
- PhD Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences, Freie Universität Berlin, Graduate School of North American Studies, Germany Graduate School of North American Studies invites applications for 10 Doctoral GrantsThe Graduate School of the John F. Kennedy-Institute for North American Studies invites applications […]
- PhD Scholarship at Graduate School of the Faculty of Arts and Social SciencMaastricht Universityes (FASoS) of Our PhD Programme focuses primarily on offering you education, training and supervision to enable you to become an excellent researcher. The emphasis is on the acquisition of research […]
- 8 PhD Scholarships at SOCLIFE SOCLIFE is an interdisciplinary Research Training Group at the University of Cologne which offers, beside other things, a structured doctoral program at the Faculty of Management, […]
- Social Science Doctoral Training Centre Studentships 2011 at University of Plymouth The newly established University of Plymouth Social Sciences Doctoral Training Centre is delighted to announce the availability of 5 PhD studentships. Successful applicants who are […]
- PhD Positions, Helmholtz International Research School Molecular Neurobiology, Germany The Helmholtz International Research School `Molecular Neurobiology` offers: up to 10 PhD positions in Molecular NeurobiologyWe provide:* excellence in research* a comprehensive choice of […]
- Fully Funded Research Scholarships for International Students, University of Sussex, UK Research scholarships are available for international doctoral students at University of Sussex – UK, commencing their studies in September 2016, academic year 2016 – 2017. The […]
- Master and Doctoral Scholarship for Foreign Students at Osaka University by Japanese Government The Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University aims to acquire a good international reputation through increased involvement in the exchange of students and/or researchers […]
- University of Western Australia Master and Doctoral Scholarship for International Students Applications are invited from suitably qualified international students for scholarships to undertake the degree of Master by Research or Doctor of Philosophy at The University of Western […]
- PhD Scholarships in Computer Science 2011-2012 at Saarbrücken Graduate School of Computer Science, Germany PhD Scholarships in Computer Science for Students Who Hold a Masters or an Excellent Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in a Related Field Study Subject: Computer ScienceEmployer: […]