The UCLA Department of mathematics Undergraduate Merit Scholarship is awarded to an incoming freshman who has an exceptional background and promise in mathematics. The scholarship covers tuition, fees as well as room and board. It is anticipated that one new scholarship be awarded every year, starting in Fall 2010.
The award is renewable for four years, subject to the following requirements:
- Maintain satisfactory and timely academic progress towards their degree and remain in good academic standing.
- Maintain at least a 3.5 GPA in mathematics courses
- Declare a mathematics major upon admission and remain in the major
- Pass the basic exam by the end of their third year of studies
- To continue their scholarship for the fourth year, the applicants must apply and be accepted into the Departmental Scholars Program, which leads to a simultaneous Bachelors (BS) and Masters (MA) degrees.
Scholarship recipients follow a specialized advanced program of studies, including individual study with UCLA Mathematics professors.
Eligibility Requirements and application process.
- 12th grader (or equivalent) applying to UCLA for admission for the Fall quarter.
- Outstanding academic record and standardized test scores.
- Evidence of exceptional background and promise in mathematics. Such evidence includes placing in the top 25% in the U.S.A. Mathematics Olympiad (USAMO) or comparable (International Mathematics Olympiad level) performance on a similar national competition.
- Strong preference will be given to International Mathematics Olympiad medalists.
- Applicant must also submit the official UCLA admissions application by its deadline (this year, November 30th).
- To apply, please fill out the Meric Scholarship application on Mathprograms.org by November 30, 2010. The direct link is: http://www.mathprograms.org/db/programs/36
Ingin dikirimkan Brosur Cetak atau Digital kampus ini, silahkan isi Form di bawah ini