- Department: Computer Architecture and VLSI Systems Laboratory
- Location: Heraklion, Crete, Greece
- Salary: 40,000 – 50,000 Euros, commensurate with qualifications
- Original Posting Web Page: Official Website.
- Keywords: exascale computing, parallel programming models, runtime systems for parallel programming
The CARV laboratory of the Institute of Computer Science at the Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas, is seeking applicants for postdoctoral positions to work on programming models, runtime support, and adaptation of scientific applications for Exascale computing systems. Having surpassed the Petaflop barrier, supercomputers are reaching for the Exaflop target, using millions of processor cores.
This challenge opens up numerous exciting opportunities in research at all layers of the software stack. The ideal candidate should have strong background in parallel programming and system software for parallel computing at all scales (chip-level, node-level, cluster-level), a strong publications record in central conferences in these areas, and experience in building systems software prototypes and parallel applications at scale. Outstanding postdoctoral candidates may be considered for tenure-track research positions at FORTH-ICS.
Required Skills: Documented research record in parallel programming and system software for parallel computing at all scales.
Desired Skills: Parallel programming using distributed-memory and shared-memory models (MPI, OpenMP, CUDA/OpenCL, PGAS languages), compiler and runtime support for parallel programming (in particular, techniques for scheduling and locality management), parallel application development and optimization on Petaflop-class supercomputers.
Education: A Ph.D in computer science, computer engineering, or related field is required. To apply, please send a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, including three names for references to Prof. Dimitris Nikolopoulos (EMAIL OBFUSCATED). For further technical inquiries, please contact Prof. Dimitris Nikolopoulos (EMAIL OBFUSCATED).
FORTH-ICS: Official Website.
CARV: Official Website.
Crete: Official Website.
Send questions about this position to: Professor Dimitrios S. Nikolopoulos
Application Deadline: June 1, 2010
University/Research Lab: Official Website
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- 5 PhD Scholarships in ICT at Aalborg University At the Faculties of Engineering, Science and Medicine 5 PhD stipends are available within the general study programmes Wireless Communication and Computer Science. The stipends are open […]
- PhD position in Computer Science, University of Jena, Germany The Institute of Computer Science at the University of Jena, Germany, offers a vacancy for a PhD student at the Heinz-Nixdorf Endowed Chair of Practical Computer Science.The work will […]
- Post-doctoral Scholarship in High-pressure Research on Nanostructured Materials The Division of Physics at Luleå University of Technology (LTU) invites highly motivated candidates with an interest to carry out research on nanostructured materials in experimental […]
- Postdoctoral Position, Research Center of Applied Sciences (RCAS), Academia Sinica, Taiwan Two openings at the level of postdoctoral research fellows in computational sciences are available at the Research Center of Applied Sciences (RCAS), Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei, […]
- Postdoctoral position in driver sleepiness detection at Chalmers University of Technology The postdoctoral fellow will join the Adaptive Systems group at the Division of Vehicle Engineering and Autonomous Systems, at the Department of Applied Mechanics. The postdoctoral work […]
- PhD Position in Computer Architecture, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden The Computer Systems group at Chalmers conducts research on high-performance and low-power computing, including the design and analysis of 1) efficient architectures for mainstream down to […]
- PhD Position in The Field of Computer Architecture at Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden The Computer Systems group at Chalmers conducts research on high-performance and low-power computing, including the design and analysis of 1) efficient architectures for mainstream down […]
- Erasmus Mundus ICE PhD Scholarship in Interactive and Cognitive Environments, Europe OverviewThe Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctoral Programme in Interactive and Cognitive Environments offers PhD candidates an education programme in the field of research related to computer […]
- PhD Scholarships in Computer Science Six Departmental Overseas PhD Scholarships are available within the Department of Computer Science starting in late September 2011. Interested applicants are invited to visit the […]
- PhD Scholarship Positions in Computer Science & Engineering, Germany PhD projects could be in areas like Reconfigurable Hardware and Software Components Ressource and Communication Management in Dynamic Networks Organisation of large Dynamic Networks […]