PhD Studentship in Drug Engineering at University of Oxford
Research Studentship in Nanoparticle Drug Delivery
University of Oxford – Department of Engineering Science
A fully funded 3 year studentship in Nanoparticle Drug Delivery is available from October 2010. The successful candidate will work in the area of Drug and Vaccine Delivery at the Departments` Institute of Biomedical Engineering in Headington.
You are likely to hold a first-class degree in a relevant area of engineering (biomedical, chemical or pharmaceutical engineering), materials, pharmaceutical sciences or other relevant subject, and possess good experimental, analytical and computational skills and an interest in drug delivery. Experience in nanoparticle and microparticle manufacturing methods as well as scientific programming together with evidence of high self-motivation and good organisational skills are desirable.
The ability to work in an interdisciplinary team and to communicate scientific ideas clearly, orally and in writing with the interpersonal skills necessary to contribute effectively to a collaborative project would be advantageous.
This studentship will fund home or overseas University fees over three years together with a stipend currently of £13,900 per annum. Candidates are expected to meet the Graduate Admissions criteria available at http://www.eng.ox.ac.uk/postgrad/criteria.pdf and a full graduate application must be made at the same time as applying for this studentship. Further details about making a graduate application are available at http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/postgraduate/apply
Please send a letter of application for the studentship, which should explain your interest in and relevant experience for the advertised post, together with a detailed CV to: Mrs Debbie Wyatt, PA to the Senior Administrator, Department of Engineering Science, Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PJ.
Please quote DF10036 in all correspondence to the Department and in your graduate application.
The closing date for applications is 15th July 2010
Committed to equality and valuing diversity.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- MSc Taught Course Bursaries in Pharmacology at University of Oxford 2012 The overall aim of the MSc is to provide our students with the necessary training and practical experience enabling them to integrate post-genomic molecular biology with physiological […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Biostatistics Hasselt University, in collaboration with the International Drug Development Institute (IDDI, Belgium), announces the following position (m/f): Researcher doctoral student in […]
- PhD Fellowship in the Department of Chemical Engineering at University of Southern The purpose of the PhD project is through laboratory and small pilot plant experiments combined with LC/MS analysis to investigate the industrial viability of membrane processes in the […]
- Postdoc Position in Hydrogen Storage by Adsorption in Porous Materials at ENSTA ParisTech Postdoctoral Position Proposal for 2011Topic : Hydrogen adsorption in porous materials. The Department of Process Engineering at ENSTA is involved in the determination of the ad-sorption […]
- PhD research position at A*STAR Graduate Scholarship This is a collaboration between A*STAR Graduate Academy (A*GA) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents, citizens of ASEAN […]
- Postgraduate Research in Environmental – Chemical Analysis, Dublin City University, Ireland Chemical analysis of novel contaminants in the Irish aquatic environment and their potential to bioconcentrate and bioaccumulate up the food chain.Funding Agency: Environmental Protection […]
- PhD student in Speech and Music Communication at KTH Royal Institute of Technology Brief Description KTH School of Computer Science and Communication (CSC) seeks a PhD student in Speech and Music communication The WorkplaceKTH is the largest technical university in […]
- PhD student in Computer Science; Privacy and Security at KTH The School of Computer Science and Communication (CSC) KTH The School of Computer Science and Communication (CSC) seeks a PhD student in Computer Science; Privacy and SecurityKTH is the largest technical university in Sweden. Education and […]
- PhD Scholarships at School of Information Science, Computer and Electrical Engineering, Halmstad University The School of Information Science, Computer and Electrical Engineering (School of IDE) and its research environment, Halmstad Embedded and Intelligent Research (EIS) is experiencing a […]
- PhD Scholarships at DTU Nanotech A number of PhD scholarships are available at the Department of Micro- and Nanotechnology, DTU Nanotech, starting in the summer/fall of 2011. The subject of the PhD project must be […]