PIK invites applications from outstanding individuals for a PhD-student`s position (TV-L 13, 50%) to support the core interdisciplinary research team at PIK. The goal is to analyse impacts of climate change and land use change on water discharge and nutrient cycling at the drainage basin scale using process-based computer models and GIS tools.
Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) addresses crucial scientific questions in the fields of global change, climate impacts and sustainable development. Researchers from the natural and social sciences work together to generate interdisciplinary insights and to provide society with sound information for decision making. The main methodologies are systems and scenarios analysis, modelling, computer simulation, and data integration.
The position involves integrated vulnerability assessment related to the water cycle (quantity and quality aspects) at the regional scale with a focus on climate change, water resources management and land use change, using the ecohydrological river basin model SWIM. The position is fixed-term until 30 September 2014, in the framework of the EU-funded project “Integrated water resources and coastal zone management in European lagoons in the context of climate change”
The candidate for this position should hold a university degree in hydrology, geoecology, geoinformatics, water management, climatology or a related discipline, and preferably have some experience in hydrological modelling and programming (Fortran, C). Excellent data analysis skills (ArcGIS, MapWindow, GRASS), fluency in English (writing, speaking), oral presentation skills, and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team are further essential requirements.
How to apply?
Applications including CV and motivation (written in German or English) should indicate the reference number vk/01, and arrive at PIK no later than 15 November 2011. Excellent and good applications will be considered until the position is filled. Applications with all the necessary documents should be sent to the address displayed below either via post or via email.
Dr. Valentina Krysanova, Research Domain II
Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research
P.O. Box 601203, 14412 Potsdam, Germany
The Official Website
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD in Computational Logic and Natural Reasoning, Tilburg University, Netherlands The Tilburg Center for Logic and Philosophy of Science (TiLPS) invites applications for a PhD position in natural logic and natural reasoning. The title of the PhD project is “A […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Geoinformatics and GIScience The Doctoral College GIScience builds on the strong foundations of the current doctoral programme in Geoinformatics and GIScience.It fosters the improved integration of existing […]
- PhD Studentship in Computational approaches to Uncertainty in Scenario-based models of Climate Change Impacts at Heriot-Watt University PhD Studentship in Computational approaches to Uncertainty in Scenario-based models of Climate Change Impacts at Heriot-Watt UniversityOverview Heriot-Watt University - Computer […]
- Study Scholarships & Research Grants in Sustainable Water Management, DAAD Germany One of the priority funding points to which the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) attaches particular importance in its Framework Programme on “Research for Sustainable […]
- [Germany] PhD Student Fellowship in Natural Sciences at Friedrich Schiller University The Jena School for Microbial Communication (JSMC) is funded by the German Excellence Initiative. It conceptionally combines different research areas (microbial communities, interactions […]
- PhD student position at Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research OverviewThe Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research – UFZ is a research institution within the Helmholtz Association. It provides scientific contributions to the safeguarding of the […]
- PhD in Smart Energy Systems The Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management contributes to sustainable solutions for technical challenges in society by combining the insights from engineering with the […]
- Journalism Fellowship, Southeast Asian Press Alliance (SEAPA), Thailand The Southeast Asian Press Alliance (SEAPA) today invites mid career journalists from Southeast Asia to apply for its 11thannual Journalism Fellowship Programme.The fellowship theme for the […]
- PhD Position in Biometrics at University Goettingen, Germany OverviewThe Research Training Group 1023 „Identification in Mathematical Models: Synergy of Stochastic and Numerical Methods“ at the University of Göttingen invites applications for an […]
- [US] Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Mesoscale Modeling of Nuclear Fuel at NYU-Poly Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Mesoscale Modeling of Nuclear Fuel at Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, NYU-Poly; Brooklyn, NYApplications are invited for a postdoctoral […]