There is a strong connection between mathematical theories of group representations and special functions. Over the past years this connection has been extended to representation theory of quantum groups, which can be considered a deformation of groups, and special functions. The goal of the project is to establish the relationship between quantum groups and matrix-valued special functions, and to obtain new results in these areas.
You will be supervised by prof.dr. H.T. Koelink and dr. P.M. Román (Cordoba, Argentina). Duties include teaching.
You must have a Master’s degree in mathematics, preferably with an emphasis on representation theory, Lie groups, and/or special functions.
The Mathematics Department in Nijmegen is part of the Institute for Mathematics, Astrophysics and Particle Physics (IMAPP). The Mathematics division of IMAPP consists of three groups: Algebra and Logic, Applied Stochastics, and Mathematical Physics. The opening for the PhD-student is in the Mathematical Physics (MP) group. This group has three chairs: Analysis, Geometry and Mathematical Physics. The main research themes in MP are Noncommutative Geometry, Lie and Quantum Groups, Special Functions and Symplectic Geometry.
Website: Visit Official Website.
Conditions of employment
Employment: 1,0 fte
Maximum salary per month, based on a fulltime employment: € 2,612 gross/month
The starting salary is €2,042 per month and will increase to €2,612 per month in the fourth year. PhD scale.
Duration of the contract: Initially for a period of 18 months.
Additional conditions of employment
The initial appointment will be evaluated after 18 months. If the evaluation is positive, the contract will be extended by 2.5 years.
You are requested to submit a covering letter, a curriculum vita including a list of courses with grades, and the names of at least two referees
Prof. dr. H. T. Koelink
Telephone: +31 24 3652597
You can apply for the job (mention the vacancy number 62.36.11) before 27 April 2011 by sending your application -preferably by email- to:
RU Nijmegen, FNWI, P&O, mrs. M. Vossen
P.O. Box 9010, 6500 GL Nijmegen, NL
Telephone: +31 24 3652691
Application Deadline : 27 April 2011
Visit Official Website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Stipend Scholarship in Algebraic Coding Theory At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Mathematical Sciences a PhD stipend is available within the general study programme Mathematics and Physics. The stipend is […]
- PhD position in Physics: Theoretical High-Energy Physics and String Theory Karlstad University–the modern university–is characterised by a combination of active cooperation with external partners and academic excellence. Karlstad University has around 12 000 […]
- Ph.D. Fellowships in Elementary Particle Physics at Max Planck Institute of Physics (Werner Heisenberg Institute) The International Max Planck Research School "Elementary Particle Physics - Theoretical, Experimental and Cosmological Frontiers" (IMPRS EPP) is a joint initiative of the Max Planck […]
- Ph.D. Student Position in Quantum Transport Theory with Focus on Graphene at Chalmers University of Technology Applications are invited for a Ph.D. student position in “Quantum Transport Theory with Focus on Graphene”. We are looking for a bright, highly motivated and independent candidate with […]
- PhD Student in Mathematics, University of Luxembourg The University of Luxembourg has the following vacancy in the Mathematics Research Unit of the Faculty of Science, Technology and Communication.One assistant position (PhD-student) in […]
- PhD Scholarships, Department of Mathematics, Technical University of Denmark Applications are invited for 3-year PhD positions starting June 1 2011 or earlier, at the Department of Mathematics. The positions should be within the research areas of the […]
- PhD or Postdoc Position in physics at Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt The Institute for Theoretical Physics of Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt invites applications for the following vacancy PhD or Postdoctoral Position in theoretical condensed […]
- PhD Scholarship Position in Community Tagging In engineering projects, like building a highway, several interest groups must be involved and the aim is to achieve a good consensus between the varies interest groups and get a […]
- [Germany] PhD Stipend in Machine Learning/Stochastic Systems Modeling at Jacobs University Bremen PhD stipend available in Machine Learning / Stochastic Systems ModelingIn the Machine Learning Group of Herbert Jaeger at Jacobs University Bremen, funding is available for a 3-year PhD […]
- PhD Scholarship in Mathematics, Physics & Astronomy, University of Sussex, UK The School of Mathematical & Physical Sciences (MPS) will offer one School Postgraduate Scholarship for a student wishing to study for the PhD in Mathematics, the PhD in Physics, or the […]