The University of Pisa and the Department of Advanced Robotics of Italian Institute of Technology (IIT) in Genova are jointly opening two positions for international Ph.D. students.
- Position/Theme 1: Analysis, Design and Control of Robots with Variable Compliance*
- Position/Theme 2: Design and Control of Sensorized Robot Hands for Manipulation and Haptic Exploration*
The Ph.D. students will be involved in the research groups of two very active European projects, where Pisa and IIT closely collaborate: VIACTORS (http://www.viactors.eu/) and HANDS.DVI / THE (http://www.thehandembodied.eu/), respectively. Their work will be mainly based at IIT’s premises in Genova, under the direct supervision of senior research personnel of both institutions.
Candidates are sought who possess a Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, with a strong background in Robotics Manipulation, and an interest in undertaking innovative, ambitious, high-risk/high- payoff research enterprises. The cosmopolitan research environment requires mastering the English language in both speaking and writing. Gradually acquiring the basics of the Italian language will make the experience of living in Italy more enjoyable, but is not required.
For more informations on the scientific environment and to discuss the research program (which will have to be tailored to the successful candidate’s own experience and interests) please contact
Antonio Bicchi (email@example.com)
Director, Centro “E. Piaggio” University of Pisa
Senior Researcher, Advanced Robotics Dept., IIT
Darwin Caldwell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Director, Advanced Robotics Dept., IIT
International applications are encouraged and will receive logistic support with visa issues. Applications will be evaluated on an ongoing basis until the positions are filled. Please email your application, including cover letter, CV, scanned transcripts, diplomas, publications, theses, other supporting material, and the contact information for at least two references as a single PDF file with “Application Ph.D. Position” in the subject line.
For adminstrative issues, please contact
Laura Maley (email@example.com)
Floriana Sardi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Research Position in Intelligent IT for Robotics at University Politehnica of Bucharest The Faculty of Automatic Control and Computers (A&C), part of the most important technical university in Romania ‐ the University Politehnica of Bucharest ‐ is the coordinator of the […]
- PhD or Postdoctoral Research Position in the Area of Machine Learning-Neural Networks-Robot Control PhD or Postdoc research position in the area of machine learning/ neural networks / robot control is open in the MINDS research group. The position is created within the integrated project […]
- PhD Positions at Politecnico di Milano PhD positions are available at the Politecnico di Milano (Italy) sponsored by the Italian Institute of Technology.The PhD program will follow the organization of the School of Doctoral […]
- Masters of Science Program at Ecole Centrale de Nantes Master of Science in Applied Mechanics on- Computational Structural Mechanics- Design Systems and Products- Metallic Assemblies and Complex Composites- Civil Engineering and Environment- […]
- EMARO Master Scholarships on Advanced Robotics EMARO, European Master on Advanced RObotics, is an integrated Masters course conducted by three European institutions and three Asian institutions : Ecole Centrale de Nantes- France […]
- PhD in Information and Computer Science at Aalto University The position is at the Department of Information and Computer Science, Aalto University School of Science (previously Helsinki University of Technology). The focus of the Department`s […]
- PhD Studentship in Robotics at University of Ulster, UK Applications are invited for a PhD studentship on the study and development of a robot operating in a smart home. This project is part of a wider programme to develop intelligent […]
- PhD Position in in bio-inspired robotics research at Jaume I University OverviewThe Robotic Intelligence Lab at Jaume I University (Castellon, Spain) is offering a PhD position for working in bio-inspired robotics research concerning learning and […]
- PhD Scholarship in Biomechanics / Biorobotics, Bielefeld University, Germany A PhD scholarship in Biomechanics/Biorobotics has been announced under the EU-FP7 program at Bielefeld University, Germany. In the EU-funded FP7-Project EMICAB (Embodied Motion […]
- International Master in Rural Development (IMRD) 2011-2013, Erasmus Mundus, Europe The joint International Master in Rural Development (IMRD), part of the European Erasmus Mundus program, offers the opportunity to study the European vision on rural development in its […]