The university is seeking to fill the following full time vacancy (m/f) at the Department of Literature, in cooperation with the Department of Philosophy within the context of the ‘Interdisciplinary Research Group on Philosophy and Literature’, of the Faculty of Arts:
PhD Fellowship in German Literature, Literary Theory and the Philosophy of Literature
Why Kafka? On the Concepts of ‘Singularity’ and ‘Universality’ in the Philosophical Reception of his Work
The main task of this fellowship consists of conducting research that will result in the writing of a doctoral dissertation within the framework described above. Occasional participation in the organization of research activities within the context of the project or within the Departments of Literature as well as Philosophy.
- MA in Literary Studies and/or Philosophy
- Excellent study results and writing skills
- Interest and enthusiasm for research in literature, literary theory, and philosophy
- Independent spirit and research abilities
- Good knowledge of German, English, and French
A four-year doctoral fellowship starting on 1 October 2011, contingent upon a positive evaluation after two years.
Please send us before 31 May 2011 your completed application file, including:
- A letter motivating your application, your current research interests and their relation to the research project.
- A proposal (250 words) describing a doctoral project within the framework of the topic described above.
- The mandatory application form
- A copy of your MA-degree
Further information regarding the completion of the application form can be obtained from Ms. Ellen Huijer – Ellen.Huijer at ua.ac.be – tel. +32 3 265 31 49
Further information regarding the particulars of this position can be obtained from
- Prof. Vivian Liska – Vivian.Liska at ua.ac.be – tel. +32 3 265 52 44
- Prof. Arthur Cools – Arthur.Cools at ua.ac.be – tel. +32 3 265 43 10
The project will explore the ways in which the literary dimension of Kafka’s work relates the singular and the universal. The research project will pursue this goal through an analysis of key 20th-century philosophical works that have interrogated Kafka’s work.
Application Deadline : 31 May 2011
Visit Official Website.
Ingin dikirimkan Brosur Cetak atau Digital kampus ini, silahkan isi Form di bawah ini