The Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD) is a scholarship organization of the German Catholic Church that provides financial and civic educational support for high potential postgraduate scholars from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
The priority area is scholarships for Ph.D. studies. Ph.D. scholars register at a German University, although their field research can be conducted in Africa.
Ph.D. scholarships are granted for up to 3,5 years (including 6 months German language training) and for all subjects.
KAAD provides support for individuals, i.e. usually scholars cannot be accompanied by their families.
Applications for Master-programs in Germany will be considered primarily for candidates whose professional experience and objectives reveal that a Masters-degree, and not a Ph.D., is the final goal of their higher education (‘terminal Master’).
If someone changes his/her mind after the Master-program and wishes to apply for a Ph.D.-scholarship, he/she must obtain an additional three years of relevant work experience in Africa first.
Rare exceptions from this rule may be allowed for female candidates.
For available Master courses in Germany please check:http://www.daad.de/deutschland/studium/idp/04709.en.html(don’t specify ‘language’).
After selecting the program(s) you should contact the course coordinator and apply for (at least provisional) admission.
Applications at Masters level may also be consideredfor programs in Ghana, Kenya, and Zimbabwe (‘in-country scholarships’).
Scholars who pursued Master-studies in one of these partner countries under a KAAD scholarship are entitled to compete for aPh.D.-scholarship for Germany at any time after their Master’s degree (‘second scholarships’).
Masters and PhD Scholarships Eligibility:
- Significant social and religious commitment: A clear preference is given to catholic (or Ethiopian orthodox) applicants.
The ideal candidate should be creative, with a distinguished personal integrity and leadership qualities.
- Academic excellence: A university degree (Bachelor, Master) with very good results (minimum: ’2nd class upper’ with an average grade of B or above, ‘bien’, CGPA of 3.2/4.0, or equivalent results).
- Upper age limits for Master’s level and doctorates are 32 and 35 years, respectively.
Applicants who don’t receive a reply from KAAD within 8 weeks have not been shortlisted for the next step of the preselection.
Only inquiries containing the information asked for in the Catholic Academic Exchange Service website can beanswered.
For more information and application, go to:
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- e8 Master Scholarship Programme 2011 in Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) In 2001, the e8 established as a pilot project, a scholarship program to encourage and support the study of sustainable energy development in the world.These scholarships were made […]
- MSc Conservation and Biodiversity Scholarships at University of Exeter The Centre for Ecology and Conservation is pleased to offer an annual fees-only scholarship to one student from each of Africa, Asia and Latin America. These are highly competitive […]
- Excellence scholarships for PhD students in “Global Food Security“ at The Food Security Center (FSC) The Food Security Center (FSC) is a university center of excellence in development collaboration at the University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany. FSC is one of five excellence […]
- Master Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) The programme is designed to academically qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics and administration according to the principles of Good Governance and to prepare them in a […]
- SMART Scholarships for America’s Future Scientists and Engineers The DoD recognizes the need to support the education of America’s future scientists and engineers. The SMART Scholarship-for-Service Program is part of a concentrated effort to improve […]
- Master Scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance, DAAD Germany This programme is designed to further qualify future leaders in politics, law, economics and administration according to the principles of Good Governance and to prepare them in a […]
- International Development Scholarships for Chinese, African, Eastern European and Latin American at Cranfield University Cranfield University, School of Management is More than a business school; a school of management. Our founders believed that practical management can only sensibly be taught to people […]
- IMD MBA Alumni Scholarships, Switzerland The five IMD MBA Alumni Scholarships are designed to encourage diversity in the class. One is awarded to each region: Asia, Africa/Middle East, Latin America, Eastern Europe and Western […]
- Excellence Scholarships for PhD in Global Food Security, University of Hohenheim, Germany Excellence scholarships for PhD students to participate in PhD Program “Global Food Security” at the Universität Hohenheim, GermanyThe Food Security Center (FSC) is a university center of […]
- International Students PhD Scholarships in Global Food Security, University of Hohenheim, Germany The Food Security Center (FSC) is a university center of excellence in development collaboration at the University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany. FSC is one of five excellence centers […]