The Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarships (“Scholarships”) were established from donations received from the Lee Foundation and are the University’s most prestigious scholarship awards for graduate students.
The selection of candidates will take place once a year, in time for the start of the academic year in August. Up to 5 new Scholarships will be given each year. Not all Scholarships will be awarded unless there are candidates of sufficient merit.
The Scholarships are open to students of all nationalities who gain admission to any Ph.D. programme at the University. In keeping with the donor’s wishes, the Scholarships will be awarded to well-rounded individuals showing exceptional promise who have an appropriate balance of intellect and character. Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of demonstrated academic excellence, leadership and a commitment to service.
- A monthly stipend of S$3,300;
- Tuition, examination fees and other approved fees at NUS;
- An annual book allowance of S$500;
- A one-off air travel allowance of 2 return tickets of up to S$4,000 (only for overseas students subject to a maximum of S$2,000 per ticket); and
- A one-off laptop allowance of S$1,500.
The award is tenable for 1 year in the first instance; but subject to the scholar’s satisfactory progress, it may be renewed annually. The maximum period of award is 4 years.
Apart from the other supporting documents required for Ph.D. admission, candidates interested in the Scholarship must also submit a personal essay and a record of co-curricular activities or community service. Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview either in Singapore or their home country.
Notification of Award
Successful candidates will be informed of the outcome of their applications sometime in April.
Terms and Conditions
Successful applicants will be required to sign a letter of undertaking agreeing to observe the terms and conditions for the award of the Scholarship. A copy of the current terms and conditions can be accessed here.
Change in Policy
The above information is subject to change at any time. For current information on the Scholarship, please contact the graduate division of the relevant Faculty or School.
Claim Form for Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarship
Application Deadline 15 November2010
For further Scholarship information:
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Master Scholarships in Public Policy, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore We provide generous financial aid to students based on merit. Approximately half of LKY School students receive financial support from the School, whether through scholarships, grants or […]
- Postgraduate Scholarships, Open Society Foundations / University of Nottingham, UK The Open Society Foundations / University of Nottingham scholarships aim to provide opportunities for independent postgraduate study in the United Kingdom for students who have […]
- Master in Public Management Scholarships, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore The Master in Public Management degree requires one year of full-time study. The course begins in January. To […]
- International Fellowships for Master in Public Management, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, Singapore Lee Kuan Yew (LKY) School of Public Policy offers Fellowship for pursuig Masters in Public Management Study Subject: Public ManagementEmployer: LKY School of Public PolicyLevel: Masters […]
- PhD Scholarships From The Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship Scheme, NTU, Singapore The Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship (NPGS) is a competitive and prestigious scholarship scheme designed to encourage outstanding graduates or final-year students to take their […]
- International Hotel and Resort Management Scholarships 2011 at BMIHM, Sydney Australia Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School offers a grant of AUD10,000 to contribute to the successful applicants Year 2 (Only) Tuition Fees for the following program at its […]
- Master Scholarship in Science and Technology Provided by Chulabhorn Graduate Institute & ASEAN Foundation The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI) and the ASEAN Foundation (AF) have entered into an agreement to develop highly qualified human resources in the area of science and technology […]
- Master Scholarships, Open Society Foundations / Durham University, UK The Open Society Foundations / University of Durham scholarships aim to provide opportunities for independent postgraduate study in the United Kingdom for students who have demonstrated […]
- LASALLE Scholarship for Master of Arts, Singapore The LASALLE Scholarship for Master of Arts study is designed to identify the most talented new Masters students with excellent academic achievements, strong leadership potential, and […]
- Undergraduate, Master & PhD Scholarships for International Students, Jember University, Indonesia Jember University (UNEJ) is granting full scholarships to foreigner students for undergraduate, master and PhD program Academic Year 2011/2012 in the following programs.PhD ProgramsPhD […]