Founded in 2002, the University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) is one of Canada’s youngest universities and defined by its dynamic leading-edge learning environment, diverse and innovative programs, globally-experienced faculty, inter-disciplinary research activities and extensive student life opportunities. UOIT is a leader among North American universities in implementing and using course and industry specific software for laptop learning. This means you will graduate with the high-tech skills that are in demand in the new economy.
Over the years, hundreds of students from nearly 70 countries have been drawn to UOIT. As a student, you will become a member of the university’s vibrant community of professors, staff and students which will encourage you both in your studies and extracurricular activities. If you are ready to push your boundaries of thinking and learning to unimaginable heights and interested in tackling groundbreaking research work that has the potential to greatly impact society, then you are ready for UOIT.
A university education is one of the most important investments you will ever make. At UOIT, we endeavour to help with scholarships and employment opportunities to assist with your educational costs, however, scholarships are limited. You should be financially prepared for your entire course of studies at UOIT. Be sure to research scholarship opportunities and financial aid options in your home country for study abroad.
Global Leadership Award
International secondary school students entering an undergraduate program at UOIT on a study permit and who are currently studying outside of Canada are eligible for UOIT’s Global Leadership Award (GLA). This scholarship is one of UOIT’s most prestigious entrance awards. Valued at more than $11,000 and renewable annually, it recognizes international secondary school applicants with strong academic and leadership abilities. Applications for the GLA are due by February 25, 2011. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are not eligible for the GLA.
Awards of Recognition
Applicants entering UOIT from a Canadian secondary school will be automatically considered for an Award of Recognition. Awards are renewable annually (for up to four years) and based on your top six grade 12 U or M, or equivalent, final grades, and are awarded as follows:
* 95 per cent to 100 per cent= $3,000;
* 90 per cent to 94.9 per cent= $2,000;
* 85 per cent to 89.9 per cent= $1,500; and
* 80 per cent to 84.9 per cent= $1,250.
Visit official website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Graduate Scholarships in Theoretical and Computational Chemistry, University of Calgary, Canada Graduate student positions in theoretical and computational chemistry. Univ. of Calgary CanadaUp to 4 graduate student positions in theoretical and computational chemistry will become […]
- Casey Family Leadership Award at Wilfrid Laurier University, Canada 2011 Endowed award; established by John and Margaret Casey in honour of their son, Blair. This is the application for competitive scholarships and awards for undergraduate students. This […]
- Undergraduate Scholarships, Ryerson University, Canada International Secondary School Student Merit ScholarshipsValue: $5,000 | Seven (7) Scholarships Available Who’s Eligible?International applicants entering year one of a full-time, […]
- International Guest Scholarships 2012, American College of Surgeons, USA The American College of Surgeons offers International Guest Scholarships to competent young surgeons from countries other than the United States or Canada who have demonstrated strong […]
- erican ColleInternational Guest Scholarships, Amge of Surgeons, USA The American College of Surgeons offers International Guest Scholarships to young surgeons from countries other than the United States or Canada who have demonstrated strong interests in […]
- International Guest Scholarships 2012 at the American College of Surgeons The American College of Surgeons offers International Guest Scholarships to competent young surgeons from countries other than the United States or Canada who have demonstrated strong […]
- Catherine Elaine Bingeman Memorial Award in Archaeology at Wilfrid Laurier University Endowed award; established by the late Evelyn Mae McLaughlin ’74, in memory of her daughter Catherine, a student of archaeology at Laurier who died in 1972. Two awards will be granted […]
- Undergraduate & Postgraduate, Macquarie University International Scholarships (MUIS), Australia Macquarie University International Scholarship is a Full Scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies.The MUIS is available across most courses* to cover a range of full […]
- 2012 – 2013 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program Global UGRAD Program Description: The Office of Academic Exchange Programs in the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U. S. Department of State, is pleased to announce a new exchange […]
- International Leaders in Education Program (ILEP), American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA The International Leaders in Education Program (ILEP) is a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State, and is implemented by IREX (the […]