FSC awards up to four visiting ‘Sandwich’ scholarships to PhD students from developing countries for a period of six months, beginning April 15, 2010. The Center wishes to attract outstanding PhD students pursuing a career in academia or development collaboration. The scholarship aims at increasing their previously gained scientific knowledge and skills relevant to food security related issues. The successful candidates will receive scholarships for completing compulsory and/or elective courses required for receiving PhD degrees from their home universities (if formally agreed by their home institutions), attending additional training courses and workshops at Hohenheim and/or conducting PhD thesis related research studies, contributing to the mission of FSC.
The applicant must provide proof of:
- outstanding study performance (i.e. excellent or very good MSc grade);
- completed graduate studies in agricultural, nutritional, natural, social, economic or political sciences, or related disciplines with specification on food security related issues with a minimum grade of 2.5;
- working on doctoral studies at her/his home institution by the time of application;
- track record of knowledge in the proposed field of study;
Furthermore, the applicant must:
- be able to conduct innovative research;
- have excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit;
- be able and willing to work well in an interdisciplinary, multicultural environment with individuals from different scientific, societal and cultural backgrounds and with organizations from the public, private and civil society sector;
- be available for the entire period of the research stay;
- be a national of a developing country according to OECD DAC list;
- return to his/her home country or to another developing country after completion of research.
- excellent proficiency in oral and written English.
Please submit the following documents to email@example.com, with the subject line of the e-mail mentioning the specific scholarship you are applying for (“Application for South – North Sandwich Scholarship”):
- Cover letter (please mention the name of the scholarship program as stated in the FSC announcement);
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (no longer than 3 pages);
- Proposal (maximum 2,000 words) specifying your planned research activities during your stay at the University of Hohenheim.
- Master thesis abstract (maximum 1,000 words);
- Scanned copies of all relevant academic certificates obtained
- List of publications
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or supervisors.
January 30, 2010.
Ingin dikirimkan Brosur Cetak atau Digital kampus ini, silahkan isi Form di bawah ini