The Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship program was named after two members of the ACFE, Larry Jennings, CFE, CPA, 49; and Tracy Ritchie, CFE, CPA, 41; both of Houston, Texas. They were among five people fatally wounded when terrorists in Karachi, Pakistan, fired upon their vehicle on Nov. 14, 1997. All five people killed were employees of Houston-based Union Texas Petroleum Holdings Inc – Mr. Ritchie served as senior audit supervisor and Mr. Jennings served as audit manager for the company. They were in route to Union Texas’ Karachi office.
The mission of the ACFE Foundation is to increase the body of anti-fraud knowledge and support future anti-fraud professionals worldwide through the funding of scholarships, endowments, research, and other educational projects. The ACFE Foundation works to encourage students to pursue careers in fraud examination and provide resources for research on the detection and deterrence of fraud.
ACFE Foundation scholarships are open to U.S. and International students. The Scholarships are U.S. $1,000 and include a one-year ACFE Student Associate membership. Scholarships will be paid directly to the student’s university.
To be eligible the applicant must be an undergraduate or graduate student, currently enrolled full-time (9 semester hours undergraduate; 6 semester hours post-graduate, or equivalent per term) at an accredited four-year college or university (or equivalent) with a declared major or minor in accounting, business, finance, or criminal justice.
The following persons are not eligible for the Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship:
* Past winners of the scholarship
* Junior college, community college, and high school students (including graduating seniors)
* Students who are related to any officer, director, or substantial contributor of the ACFE Foundation, or to any member of the ACFE Foundation Scholarship Committee
To be considered for the 2011-2012 scholarship award, applicant packets must be postmarked by January 21, 2011 and include all of the following items:
* Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship Application
* A copy of official transcript(s), showing all completed college or university courses
* Three letters of recommendation including at least one from a Certified Fraud Examiner or a local ACFE Chapter (required for U.S. and Canadian citizens only). Additional recommendations may come from advisors, faculty members, or employers. For International students, a letter from a professor in your major discipline may substitute the CFE letter if a student is unable to make contact with a CFE or an ACFE chapter.
* An original 250-500 word essay explaining why the applicant deserves the scholarship and how fraud awareness will affect his or her professional career development
2011-2012 Scholarship Schedule:
Application Deadline – January 21, 2011
Winners Announced – April 15, 2011
Scholarships Distributed – April 29, 2011
Scholarships are awarded annually on the basis of:
* Overall academic achievement demonstrated by official transcripts
* Three letters of recommendation
* An original essay of 250-500 words
ACFE Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, or sexual orientation in any of its programs or activities.
Questions should be addressed to:
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Scholarships Program Coordinator
The Gregor Building
716 West Avenue
Austin , TX 78701-2727
+1 (512) 478-9000
+1 (512) 276-8187 (Fax)
Visit official website.
Ingin dikirimkan Brosur Cetak atau Digital kampus ini, silahkan isi Form di bawah ini