The IT University of Copenhagen (ITU) invites applications for a number of PhD positions starting in the period August-December 2011. Read more about our focus areas on our webpage: Official Website.
Employment and Enrolment:
Successful applicants will be employed and enrolled at the IT University for a period of 3 or 4 years. Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC).
A successful applicant will be an excellent student capable of conducting research under supervision from the IT University’s faculty members at the highest international level. The PhD scholarships run for a period of 3- or 4-years depending on the university degree level of the applicant. The following qualifications are required:
- 3 year programme: a Master’s degree equivalent to three years of bachelor level studies plus two years of Master level studies, including final exams. In total: 300 ECTS
- 4 year programme: a Bachelor degree plus one year of Master level studies. In total: 180 + 60 ECTS
How to apply:
You can only apply for this position through our e-Recruitment system. When submitting, only one merged file per applicant will be accepted in PDF format only.
Applications must be written in English. All other documents, such as transcripts must be accompanied by a translation in English if not already written in English or Danish. Transcripts that are not issued by a country of the European Union must be accompanied by a grade key or an explanation of your local grading scale (in English).
The PDF file must contain the following:
- Cover letter, which must outline which focus area you are applying for (max 1 page)
- Statement of purpose (max. 5 pages)
- Documentation of academic degree(s); diplomas, transcripts, etc.
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of publication(s) are recommended but not mandatory
- Letters of recommendation and references are recommended but not mandatory
Application deadline: 7 April 2011
To initiate the application process click on the “Apply for position” below. Please read the guidelines for applicants carefully before filling in the application form. Questions related to procedure may be directed to the PhD School email@example.com or to the Personnel Department firstname.lastname@example.org
More information, for example, a tentative time schedule of the evaluation-, interviewing-, and hiring process can be found at: Official Website.
Candidates may be invited for an interview.
The IT University wishes to reflect an international environment and sees diversity as a resource. We encourage all qualified to apply for the positions, regardless of personal background.
Application Deadline : 7 April 2011
Visit Official Website.