Applications are open for one scholarship to study the Distance Learning MSc Clinical Trials (CT) course commencing October 2011. This scholarship is offered by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK).
The scholarship covers full tuition fees to study the Distance Learning MSc Clinical Trials course, and a contribution towards local examination centre fees.
Criteria for the scholarship
This MSc Clinical Trials scholarship is available only to a student who is a national of, and resident within, a Low Income country as indicated on here.
Applicants will be assessed on the following criteria:
- the academic merit of the applicant (at least a 2:1 or equivalent first Honours undergraduate degree)
- at least two years’ proven work experience in the Clinical Trials field
- how the skills and qualification obtained from the MSc Clinical Trials would benefit both the applicant and their institution, with respect to current and/or future employment; and
- impact on the development of the applicant’s home country.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- complete a minimum number of modules each year of the course
- give regular feedback to the School, and
- co-operate with any programme evaluations for the duration of their scholarship and for a period of up to five years after completion of the course.
All applicants must ensure that they satisfy the standard criteria for admission to the MSc Clinical Trials course. Full details of the course can be found on the University of London International Programmes website
How to Apply
Those wishing to be considered for the scholarship should complete the MSc Clinical Trials scholarship application form and submit it, together with a complete MSc Clinical Trials by Distance Learning application form (unless this has already been submitted) and the other required supporting documentation, to:
Postgraduate Admissions Office
University of London International Programmes
32 Russell Square
London WC1B 5DN
Deadline for scholarship applications
You must be in receipt of an offer of a place on the MSc Clinical Trials for your scholarship application to be considered; therefore applications for the course must be received no later than 31 March 2011. If you wish to submit both your scholarship application and course application together, this must be received no later than 31 March 2011. If you are already in receipt of an offer of a place on the course, the final deadline for receipt of scholarship applications only is 20 May 2011.
Please note that for your MSc course application you should have asked two referees to send confidential letters of reference direct to the University. Neither your MSc course application nor your scholarship application can be considered until your references have been received.
N.B. This scholarship is only available to those wishing to study the MSc Clinical Trials – it is not available to those wishing to take the Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Trials.
Selection of the candidate
Scholarship applications will be considered by a sub-panel of the LSHTM Scholarships Committee. The successful candidate will be informed in June 2011. (The MSc course applications of those who are not short-listed will continue to be processed.)
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Fully Funded MSc Global Mental Health Scholarships, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK Fully funded scholarships are available for all students, with strong preference will be given to students from low and middle income countries, as defined by World Bank, enrolling MSc […]
- Full Tuition Fee LLM Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK Full tuition fee scholarships are available for students from any country (UK, EU & international students) enrolling LLM in Energy and Natural Resources Law program for September 2016 […]
- University of Stirling, MSc in International Accounting and Finance Scholarships – Divisional Scholarships, UK These Scholarships are funded by the Accounting and Finance Division and meet course fees up to the home/EU rate. This means that the successful candidates will pay no course fees in […]
- MSc Scholarships in Finance, University of Stirling, UK MSc in Finance Scholarships – Divisional Scholarships These Scholarships are funded by the Accounting and Finance Division and meet course fees up to the home/EU rate. This means that […]
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for International Students, University of the West of England, UK Full tuition fee scholarships are available for all international / overseas (non UK & EU) students enrolling postgraduate degree at University of the West of England – Bristol, UK. […]
- Felix Non-Indian Scholarship, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK One Felix Scholarship will be available to a Non-Indian student who is a citizen of and living in a developing country to pursue a research degree at the School of Oriental and African […]
- Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students, Bangor University, UK Guaranteed scholarships are available for outstanding International students applying for postgraduate study… Successful applicants who have been offered a place to study at Bangor […]
- MSc Studentships in Plasma Physics at Department for Employment and Learning Queen’s University, UK The School of Mathematics and Physics is offering 7 MSc DEL Taught Studentships (EPSRC Science & Innovation) for students enrolling full-time on the postgraduate MSc in Plasma Physics for […]
- Newcastle University Business School Enterprise and Innovation Scholarship, UK This funding may be available to students who are taking part on the following course(s): Arts, Business and Creativity MAInnovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship MScDetails:Newcastle […]
- Undergraduate Excellence Scholarship, University of Glasgow, UK The University of Glasgow will award a total of 30 undergraduate scholarships of £5,000 per annum. The scholarship will be awarded as a tuition fee discount for students starting a full […]