Central European University (CEU) is an English-language, graduate university located in Budapest, Hungary.
The university is accredited in the United States and Hungary. Our students come from 100 countries and our faculty from more than 40.
The Department of History offers students interdisciplinary and comparative perspectives on Central, Southeastern, and Eastern European as well as Ottoman and Middle Eastern history. The curriculum covers the main historiographical traditions from the early modern period to the present and introduces students to a range of scholarly topics from the social sciences and humanities, including sociology, economics, anthropology, art history, religion and philosophy. Specializations are available in Jewish studies and Religious studies.
Graduates of the department find employment as researchers with governmental and non-governmental organizations, as academics at leading universities, and also as journalists.
Master of Arts in Central European History (one year)
Master of Arts in Comparative History: Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe 1500-2000 (two years)
Doctor of Philosophy in Comparative Central, Southeastern and Eastern European History
More information: Visit Official Website.
Selected Areas of Research
• Early modern history
• Social history
• Cultural history
• Intellectual history
• Urban studies
• Nationalism studies
• Gender studies
• Comparative history of Habsburg, Ottoman and
• Comparative history of fascism and communism.
Financial Aid and Tuition
The majority of CEU students receive internal or external financial aid. Various types of funding packages are available for Master’s degree students: CEU fellowships, tuition waivers, external scholarships, financial aid.
Nearly 90% of the doctoral students receive a full CEU fellowship that covers all tuition fees and a generous living allowance for up to three years.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2011
Application must be submitted complete with proof of English proficiency.
Detailed description of the general applications requirements: Visit Official Website.
Applying to CEU
To apply, complete and submit CEU’s online application form: Visit Official Website.
For questions, contact:
Application Deadline : 30 April 2011
Visit Official Website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Fellowships for Master`s and PhD Students at Central European University (CEU), Hungary OverviewLocated in one of Europe`s most elegant capital cities, Budapest, accredited in both the USA and Europe, Central European University (CEU) offers a uniquely international […]
- Erasmus Mundus Masters Program in Public Policy (Mundus MAPP), Europe The Erasmus Mundus Masters Program in Public Policy (Mundus MAPP) is a 2-year-long international Masters course funded by the European Commission. It directly responds to the educational […]
- Erasmus Mundus-European Master Scholarship in Agricultural, Food and Environmental Policy Analysis The European Master in Agricultural, Food and Environmental Policy Analysis aims at providing a high quality education in designing and assessing public policies targeted to the […]
- University of Central Lancashire International Scholarship “Women in Education”, UK University of Central Lancashire International PhD Scholarships, School of Education & Social Sciences on Women in Education , UK Study Subject: Women in education: a case for faith […]
- Sylff Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences for Developing Countries The Ryoichi Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship Fund (SYLFF), is a fellowship program initiated in 1987 to support students pursuing graduate studies in humanities and social sciences […]
- Yousef Jameel Scholarship in History of Islamic Art, University of Oxford, UK The Yousef Jameel Scholarship is generously funded by Sheikh Yousef Abdul Latif Jameel. This fully funded research scholarship is available to one graduate student demonstrating […]
- 8 PhD Scholarships Position at The Faculty of Humanities The Faculty of Humanities´ Graduate School at the University of Copenhagen is inviting applications for 8 PhD scholarships starting 1 September, 2011 for a period of up to three […]
- Cultures Littéraires Européennes (CLE) Scholarships at Erasmus Mundus The CLE Masters Course in European Literary Cultures aims at preparing European and International graduates for professions in which is requested the knowledge of: 1) at least three […]
- Master Program Scholarships in Islamic Finance at Qatar University Master of Science in Islamic Finance and Diploma in Islamic FinanceThe Qatar Faculty of Islamic Studies (QFIS) is offering full-scholarships for the following programs:1. Master of Arts in […]
- 70 PhD Studentships at University of Sussex University of Sussex Investing in the next 50 years of excellence £3.3 million in funding to support up to 70 Doctoral Studentships .The University of Sussex has a long history of […]