The East-West Center (EWC) Graduate Degree Fellowship provides substantial funding toward Master`s and Doctoral degrees for graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the U.S. to participate in educational and research programs at EWC while pursuing graduate study at the University of Hawai`i. Through EWC affiliation, awardees become part of a growing network of students and alumni forging the shape and substance of the world`s most vibrant region.
Priority in the student selection process is given to applicants seeking degrees in fields of study related to research themes at the East-West Center, focusing on topics in economics; environmental change, vulnerability and governance; politics and security; and population and health, at a local, national and/or regional level in the Asia Pacific region.
The Center also welcomes applications in other fields of study on issues of common concern among the peoples and nations of Asia, the Pacific and the United States. Visit the East-West Center website Official Website . for information regarding research themes.
Fellowship provisions include tuition and fees, graduate residence hall room costs, health insurance, book allowance, and partial living stipend. Competitive supplemental awards and field study/travel grant awards are available to EWC Graduate Degree fellows.
Degree fellows have opportunities to participate in graduate certificate programs offered in leadership studies, international cultural studies, population studies, and conflict resolution that enhance their degree studies. Other opportunities include invited participation in the Center`s research projects in several areas of international study including politics, governance and security, economics, environmental change, population and health, education, and Pacific islands development.
How to Apply
For an overview of all of the student fellowship competitions administered at the Center, please Visit Official Website . For details and downloadable application material for the East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship, you may Visit Official Website . E-mail inquiries:
email@example.com, or write to the EWC Graduate Degree Fellowship Program, Award Services Office, Burns Hall 2066, East-West Center, 1601 East-West Road, Honolulu, HI 96848-1601, U.S.A.
Application Due Date: Postmarked by November 1, 2011
Applications will be available in Spring 2011 for fellowships and graduate degree study to begin in August 2012. All application materials are submitted directly to EWC.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- EWC Graduate Degree Fellowship EWC Graduate DegreeEWC Graduate Degree FellowshipThe East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship provides Master`s and Doctoral funding for graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and […]
- Graduate Degree Fellowships, East-West Center, University of Hawaii, USA The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship provides Master’s and Doctoral funding for graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the U.S. to participate in educational and […]
- Graduate Degree Fellowship East-West Center at University of Hawaii The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship provides Master`s and Doctoral funding for graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the U.S. to participate in educational and […]
- Richard Plaschka Scholarship, Austria Area of study or research:Humanities and TheologyHistorical Sciences, Linguistics and Literature SciencesDetailed type of grant:semester or one-year grant, research grantTarget […]
- Master Scholarship in Science and Technology Provided by Chulabhorn Graduate Institute & ASEAN Foundation The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI) and the ASEAN Foundation (AF) have entered into an agreement to develop highly qualified human resources in the area of science and technology […]
- Master Scholarships in Public Policy, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore We provide generous financial aid to students based on merit. Approximately half of LKY School students receive financial support from the School, whether through scholarships, grants or […]
- 2012 Spring Admission Guide for International Applicants at The Graduate Institute of Peace Studies – Kyung Hee University MajorsPeace and Global GovernanceAsia Pacific StudiesNew Politics and Future Governance QualificationA person whose nationality isn`t Korean and is a graduate or a graduate-to-be for a […]
- University of Groningen Talent Grant: Eric Bleumink Fund Additional informationEligible candidates:In all cases candidates who are employed and supported by an institute or university in a developing country that has signed a co-operation […]
- Eric Bleumink Fund for Development Cooperation: University of Groningen Master and PhD Scholarships The University of Groningen was awarded both the Diploma Supplement label and the ECTS label as the first and only higher education institution in the Netherlands. The labels are a […]
- Campbell Fellowship for Women From Developing Country (Post Doctoral Fellowship) One six-month fellowship is available for a female postdoctoral social scientist from a developing nation whose work addresses women`s economic and social empowerment in that nation.The […]