PhD Position in Cell Biology, Genetics and Biochemistry at Charles University; Prague
PhD position to work on the Exo70 family of cell morphogenesis regulators in Physcomitrella patens within the EU-ITN project PLANTORIGINS at the Charles University in Prague (Czech Republic).
We have a position open for a PhD student in our lab to study the functions of thirteen Exo 70 paralogues (putative subunits of the exocyst vesicle tethering complex) in Physcomitrella patens polar cell growth and morphogenesis. We use a large variety of tools from the disciplines of cell biology, genetics and biochemistry, as well as the gene targeting capabilities of moss, to study the mechanisms of Exo70 and exocyst functions in a moss type of early land plants.
For representative publications from the group see:
Synek L.,Schlager N.,Elias M., Quentin M., Hauser M-T., Zarsky V. AtEXO70A1, a member of a family of putative exocyst subunits specifically expanded in land plants, is important for polar growth and plant development. The Plant Journal 48:54-72, 2006.
Hala M, Cole R, Synek L, Drdová E, Pecenkova T, Nordheim A, Lamkemeyer T, Madlung J, Hochholdinger F, Fowler JE, Zarsky V. An Exocyst Complex Functions in Plant Cell Growth in Arabidopsis and Tobacco. The Plant Cell. 20:1330-45, 2008.
Žárský V, Cvrčková F, Potocký M, Hála M. Exocytosis and cell polarity in plants – exocyst and recycling domains. New Phytol. 183:255–272, 2009.
Univerzita Karlova v Praze
Faculty of Science / Dept. of Plant Physiology
Ovocný trh 3/5
116 36 – Praha 1
fax +420 224 491 629
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Scholarships in Plant Science and Microbiology A 4 year PhD opportunity in genetic, genomics and cell biology through to molecular biology, biological chemistry and computational biology. This prestigious multidisciplinary programme […]
- 8 PhD Fellowships in Molecular and Chemical Ecology at IMPRS 8 PhD Fellowships in Molecular and Chemical EcologyThe International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) "The Exploration of Ecological Interactions with Molecular and Chemical Techniques" […]
- International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Cell Biology and Bioengineering, Germany The International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Cell Biology and Bioengineering (IMPRS-MCBB) is a joint program of the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and […]
- PhD Position in Agronomy at Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Köln The PhD student will contribute to the cooperative research project “Identification of molecular markers for barley yellow dwarf virus (BYDV) resistance in maize” between the MPIPZ, the […]
- 3 PhD Scholarships in the Neuronal Trafficking Laboratory Brain cells: neurons can reach astonishing shapes and dimensions with dendrites and nerve terminals sometimes located meters away. The establishment and maintenance of such polarity […]
- Early Stage Researcher (PhD) in the Department of Physics at University of Cambridge Study SubjectTransport and Signalling mechanism in Polarized CellsEmployerUniversity of CambridgeLevelPhDScholarship Description: As part of the recently launched Marie Curie Initial […]
- Master Scholarships in Environmental Technology and Engineering 2011 The International Master of Science in Environmental Technology and Engineering (IMETE) programme offers scholarship for International studentsThe IMETE programme intensively promotes […]
- [Denmark] PhD Scholarship in Herbivory, aboveground-belowground interactions at climate change at University of Copenhagen PhD Scholarship in Herbivory, aboveground-belowground interactions at climate change at University of CopenhagenOverview Applications are invited for a PhD scholarship within the following […]
- Postdoctoral Position in Genetic Instability and Cancer at VU University Medical Center The post-doc will participate in the Dutch Cancer Society project :”Sister chromatid cohesion as a novel foothold for cancer therapy”, a collaboration with the departments Medical […]
- University of Cambridge PhD Studentship in Haematology, UK University of Cambridge Announce PhD Studentship in the Department of Haematology, UK Functional characterization of novel regulators of haematopoiesis and platelet function in Danio rerio […]