Quezon City, 30 September 2011. Applications for the 2012-2013 ACFJ Fellowships for M.A. Journalism are now being accepted.
The fellowship program seeks to enable fulltime Asian journalists to pursue the two-year master`s program at the Ateneo de Manila University in Quezon City, Philippines. Successful applicants would have excellent professional and academic record and a strong commitment to good journalism.
Since the program`s inception in 2003, 126 journalists from 15 Asian countries have received grants. Among them are mid-career and senior journalists from Asia`s largest dailies including the Philippine Daily Inquirer, The Star (Malaysia), Kompas (Indonesia) and news agencies such as Malaysia`s Bernama and the Indonesia`s Antara.
Working journalists are drawn to Ateneo`s journalism program as it is designed for them to be able to straddle work and graduate education, says Dr. Violet B. Valdez, ACFJ executive director. The program, she explains, is delivered using Internet-based distance learning methods that allows working journalists to study at their own pace and time, and in their own homes or workplaces.
Courses in ethics, media law and news writing are at the core of the program. A wide array of journalism electives are offered including reporting courses on religions, health, conflict and peace and international affairs. Lecturers come from Asia as well as Australia, U.K., Germany, U.S and Canada. Application forms for the fellowship grant may be downloaded from official website or requested by e-mail at email@example.com.
A grant covers tuition and other expenses for the two-year M.A. Journalism program, which is offered by the Ateneo de Manila University with ACFJ`s support. Since the program`s inception in 2003, 126 journalists from 15 Asian countries have received grants. Among them are mid-career and senior journalists from Asia`s largest dailies including the Philippine Daily Inquirer, The Star (Malaysia), Kompas (Indonesia) and news agencies such as Malaysia`s Bernama and the Indonesia`s Antara.
Applications must be submitted by Saturday, 14 January 2012.
For admission to the M.A. Journalism program, a separate set of application forms is required. These are available at the Ateneo website as well as the ACFJ website.
Konrad Adenauer Asian Center for Journalism at the Ateneo de Manila University
Tel Nos. (+632) 9263253 / (+632) 4266001 (local 5296)
Fax No. (+632) 9263254
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- Master Scholarships by AUN/SEED-Net ASEAN University Network Southeast Asia Engineering Education Development Network AUN/SEED-Net Implementation Guidelines for Master’s Degree Program For the Japanese Fiscal Year 20111. […]
- NUS Graduate Scholarship for ASEAN Nationals The National University of Singapore [NUS] offers 40 scholarships each year to nationals of ASEAN* member countries to take full-time course-work graduate degrees at NUS. Singapore […]
- AREAS Erasmus Mundus Action 2 (EMA2) Scholarships, Europe AREAS is an institution-based mobility and scholarship project organized by a Consortium of some of the most prestigious universities in Europe and Asia. It is developed within the […]
- Rosalynn Carter Fellowships for Mental Health Journalism, USA The goal of the Rosalynn Carter Fellowships for Mental Health Journalism is to enhance public understanding of mental health issues and combat stigma and discrimination against people with […]
- Erasmus Mundus Master in Journalism, Media and Globalisation Scholarships, Europe The Erasmus Mundus Master’s in Journalism, Media and Globalisation welcomes applications from graduate students around the world. You can apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship, or as a […]
- Master & PhD Scholarships in Agriculture by SEARCA SEARCA Invites Applications for Graduate Scholarship in Agriculture for School Year 2011/2012 The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) […]
- SEARCA Master and PhD Scholarships in Agriculture The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) invites applications for its graduate scholarship (MS and PhD) in agriculture and related […]
- [Philippines] Master`s and PhD Scholarships in Agriculture at SEARCA Master`s and PhD Scholarships in Agriculture at SEARCAOverview The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) invites applications for its […]
- Asia Journalism Fellowship, Singapore The Fellowship brings journalists from Asia to Singapore’s Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information at Nanyang Technological University for three months. The 2012 Fellowship […]
- Ajinomoto Scholarship for ASEAN International Students, University of Tokyo, Japan This program enables students from five ASEAN countries (Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Vietnam) wishing to enroll in a master’s course (major in one of the sciences) […]